Northumberland is a part of the world you won’t want to miss out on. Grab your coat, bike and helmet and head off on the cycling trip of your lifetime.
- Northumberland coast - This route follows Hadrian’s Wall, travelling from one beach to another, you’ll see some great views on this trip.
- Kielder Forest - Taking you through plenty of scenery and views, this path will take you to the Scottish border, helping you experience all there is to see.
- Reivers Route - Taking you on and off-road, this route will take you 60 miles through Northumberland.
- Cheviot Hills - Great for older families, this route will take you atop hills and let you experience views as you’ve never imagined.
- Derwent Reservoir Walk - This is a 10-mile bike ride you can enjoy with your family, experiencing a calm day out in the summer sun or autumn breeze.
- Watergate Forest Park - This forest offers a great amount of waterside scenery and easy cycle paths, perfect for young kids.
- Newburn Riverside - Popular amongst other cyclists, this path is great for an easy cycling trip with kids.
- The Pennine Cycleway - This 335-mile long route is great if you’re wanting to see the sights and experience all there is in Northumberland.
- Rising Sun Cycle Route - This journey will see you start at the past rising sun farm and lead you into Tynemouth! Great for a family ride away from home.
- Wallsend Dene Cycle Route - You’ll be able to see the best of North Tyneside with this path, full of history and the past.
- Newcastle Town Moor Loop - This route is 4.5 miles long and great for some sightseeing with your family.
These are some great options for you all to enjoy!