South Wales has so much to offer, plenty of history, incredible nature and animals, scenic and breathtaking views, none of which you’ll want to miss out on!
Parks and Trails
- Cardiff to Castell Coch - This seven-mile trail is great for wanting to get kids used to cycling!
- Elan Valley Trail, Mid Wales - If you’re looking for incredible views for a summer ride this year, take this trail and you’ll find everything you want.
- Mawddach Trail, Snowdonia - If accessibility is important to you as well as gorgeous views then this trail is for you!
- Lôn Eifion Cycleway, Caernarfon - This park is situated towards North West Wales, just outside of South Wales and provides scenic routes and breathtaking views.
- Peregrine Path, Monmouth. - This path will take you through a trail of history and old-time pubs, restaurants and shops.
- Glasfynydd Forest - Situated by a reservoir, this forest is the perfect place for a family bike trip.
- Llanfoist Crossing - This trip will see you travel across wales, viewing the breathtaking views the country has to offer.
- Millennium Park, Llanelli - This trail is an ‘almost loop’. You’ll start at one point and end parallel but on another side of the park.
- Port Talbot to Afan Forest Park. - This park is a great option if you’re looking for an easy trail to get toddlers and young kids cycling on.
- Talybont Reservoir dam - This loop provides incredible views of welsh scenery, great for some family trips.
Now you've seen all that South Wales has to offer, take a trip over there this summer with your kids and see all there is! If countryside views are you thing, why not head off to The Peak District or The Lake District and make it a regular trip!